Marina Del Rey was created with combined efforts of Los Angeles County, Los Angeles City and 83rd U.S. Congress Public Law 389 in 1954. Initial authorization under Rivers and Harbors Act was requested by the Committee on Commerce on June 2, 1936 and adopted by the U.S. Senate August 26, 1937. Document 389 contains various reports and comments from the U.S. Bureau of the Budget; the Chief of Engineering, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), the U.S. Department of the Interior; California State Water Resources Control Board, State Highway engineer, State Lands Commission, Department of Fish and Game; Division of Beaches and Parks of the Department of Natural Resources and the State Engineer. This report was originally submitted April 7, 1952.
83rd U.S. Congress Public Law 780 in 1954 authorized the creation of Marina del Rey under the RIVERS AND HARBORS ACT OF 1954 under the direction of the Secretary of the Army and Supervision of the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers. It was signed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
NOTE: U.S. PUBLIC LAW 780 REQUIRES REASONABLE RATES WITH EQUAL ACCESS FOR ALL.