Click on the below link to download the PDF for printing at your location:
Request Hearing US Army Corps of Engineers about 8 story Boat Central
Thumbnails of 2 page PDF - front side is folded inside, and the back side has the mailing address.
TIP: Print just the front page, fold, and hand write in the mailing address and your return address.
We Need A Public Hearing by the Army Corps of Engineers on Boat Central
This project has plenty of controversial impacts that have not been adequately addressed:
- Disruption of public launch ramp adjacent to site
- Structures over water and how it sets a precedent.
- Analysis of alternative sites within the marina
- Other recreational uses for this site
- Reduction of views and pedestrian walkways
- Protection of Native American cultural resources
- Impacts to the culvert that runs between the marina and the La Ballona Wetlands
- Water quality impacts due to boats (washing, run-off, etc.)
- Shade/shadow/wind impacts on biological resources and boaters
- Environmentally Sensitive Habitat Area - roosting and nesting birds (noise levels)
- Adherence to Coastal Zone Management Act goals and policies
- Public access to shoreline
- Cumulative demand for parking for coastal access
- Adherence to NEPA, Public Law 780 and HD 389 goals and policies.