Marina Del Rey
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EOiBNlfbfQ 10 minutes
1. Public Hearings on Fiji Way's Basin H Free Public Parking Lot 52, Parcel FF, Parcel 9U, Pier 44 and Fisherman's Village offer a rare opportunity to publicly define current recreational needs of Los Angeles County.
2. Public Hearings on the 2016 Local Coastal Plan Amendment offer a once in five years opportunity to identify the Environmental Impacts of pollutants from proposed expansion so close to the Ballona Wetlands.
3. Los Angeles County spent 2 million dollars of taxpayer money lobbying the California Coastal Commission to Amend the last Local Coastal Plan to change the ESHA (Environmentally Sensitive Habitat Area) designation that protected mature trees, Monarch Butterflies and Heron Rookeries. We need to correct this at the Coastal Commission this year.
4. The Ballona Watershed flood plain covers large areas of the Marina. Sea level rise, a tsunami, or a huge storm event could flood the lower Ballona Watershed creating wide-spread property damage, road closures and loss of life. Tsunami warnings are posted in the Marina.
5. Ownership of these 950 acres of Marina del Rey Land has been contentious. Hotels, condos, apartments, stores, boat slips and yacht clubs are all on long-term land leases of 50-60 years. The County continues to eliminate parking lots / park set asides for development.
6. Some have expired, some have been renewed, and others are in contention.6. Opposition to Proposed Development Projects has grown among residents, recreational boaters, bicyclists, bird watchers, fisherman, walkers, runners and environmentalist.
7. Millions of dollars in public funds were spent to acquire land, dredge the channel, widen our beach 450 feet for 5.5 miles, create a small craft harbor, provide fishing, swimming, recreation and wildlife opportunities for the people of LA. Funding was provided U.S. Congress U.S. Congress, Los Angeles City and Los Angeles County in almost equal parts.
8. U.S. Congress Documents 389 and 780 defined Oxford Lagoon Bird Sanctuary as 41.9 acres. Only 10.7 acres were actually set aside.
9. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers dredged the Channel and the 12 small craft harbor basins. Funding for continual maintenance of the Channel is appropriated by U.S. Congress.
10. Water sustains all life, without it all living things perish. 90% of all our wetlands in Southern California have been built on or paved over. We have done this at our peril.
11. Over development threatens Via Marina, Fiji Way and Admiralty Way: Wetland Meadow Parcel 9U, Mariners Village old growth trees, cormorants and heron rookery on Via Marina; Dock 52, Parcel FF, and Fisherman's Village on Fiji Way; and, Pier 44 on Admiralty Way.
12. Los Angeles imports around 85% of its water from over 200 miles away. It uses 30% of its state electrical power to deliver this water.
Tag Cloud Items
Rita Boppana, Complainant,
Southern California Gas Company, Defendant.
Case 00-05-010 (Filed May 11, 2000)
OPPOSITION TO THE MOTION OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GAS COMPANY (U 904 G) TO FORECLOSE ADDITIONAL "EXPERT" TESTIMONY OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE, TO SUSPEND PROCEDURAL SCHEDULE AND FOR AN ORDER SHORTENING TIME IN WHICH TO RESPOND
PLAYA VISTA LAWSUITS
BALLONA ECOSYSTEM EDUCATION PROJECT'S FUNDRAISER:
This list will continue to grow as we meet and collaborate with like minded organizations and their members in a quest to help our planet.
The world's largest Underground Gas Storage may menace your life and home near Playa Vista, Playa del Rey, Marina del Rey, Ballona Wetlands, [names of industrial and apartment complexes to the east]. These are owned or operated Sempra Energy or SoCal Gas. Read more about the dangers and how to mediate them. Speak out to these owners and demand they stop releasing poison and toxic gases into your air you and your loved ones breath.
Baldwin Hills/Inglewood oil fields emit fumes of vary types of danger to humans, children, elderly, and pets. And pumping water ino the ground to force oil upwards cracks the grounds, and the home's concrete foundation and walls can crack open, risking the collapse of the home's ceiling on top of the occupants. Do you want more information, then please read the below, download official studies and reports, and become actively voice your concern to the parties we have listed for you. Join our efforts to alleviate the dangers to your life and home.