SUPPORT A SLOW, CAREFUL RESTORATION OF BALLONA WETLANDS ... protect Ballona groundwater.
LEARN ABOUT BALLONA FRESHWATER
GRASSROOTS COALITION & CALIFORNIA COASTAL COMMISSION SETTLE OUT OF COURT
- Aquifer Groundwater Infiltration Protection Recharge Watershed - 14 slides
- Ecological Preserve Waterflow and Dewatering Impact - 32 slides
- Wetlands Preservation - 35 slides
- Wetlands Preservation and Restoration - 48 slides
- Activists want Public Participation in 2016 Proposed Restoration - 12 slides
- Animal Welfare Presentation - 7 slides
- Wetland Preserves Proposed Tidal Wave Levee - 13 slides
A Diagram of Aquifer underlying the Ballona Wetlands
DOUBT CALIFORNIA IS DRYING OUT? LOOK AT THESE OUTER SPACE PHOTOS!
We have taken rainwater for granted or treated it as an enemy sloping driveways to send rainwater to the street and nearest storm drain since the 1930's. Now the LA River Watershed is taking a different approach. Why not the Ballona Watershed which sends Billions of Gallons of Water to Ballona Flood Control Channel and into the Pacific Ocean, Santa Monica Bay?
What did the L.A. Basin look like before there was an L.A.?
30 MINUTES PACKED WITH INFORMATION
Rex Frankel, Editor of Rare Earth News & President of Ballona Ecosystem Education Project.
Link to his PICASA SITES below:
EVOLUTION OF BALLONA DESTRUCTION PLANS
UNBURY BALLONA CREEK TO SAVE BILLIONS
BALLONA CRITTERS AT RISK FROM STATE BULLDOZING PLANS
FACT: Santa Monica Bay Restoration has advocated opening our Ballona Wetlands to the ocean. See videos by Travis Longcore and Margot Griswold for a greater understanding of our opposition to this.